Thursday, March 1, 2007

settled in...

Hi there,

Not much has been happening lately. Daniel has been working a lot lately and has a pretty strict schedule - gym in the morning, work, studying el old subjuntivo then more work. I'm not so good these days with the gym. I have been having a hard time sleeping and on 4-5 hours it is hard to do anything, much less sweat to the oldies. I had my first examination today and I think I did well. It was on Mexican Literature (Fuentes, Paz and Rulfo). I'm also reading Malinche, by Laura Esquivel. It is taking me longer than usual to get through the book, as I am constantly having to refer to a dictionary.

Gwyn's parents are in and it has been nice having them around. Sarita and Gwyn are cooking these great meals every night. Saturday they are having a small get together so that should be fun. I'll be making frijoles for the crew. We'll see how that turns out....eek.

I'm still peeling from my sun burn. At least I can walk, well sort of. Yesterday I tripped and fell for the second time and my knee is a bit sore, my wrist is a little swollen and my ankle is recovering. And no, I wasn't drunk. Just clumsy! Within 24 hours, I banged up my pinky toe. Holy hell, I didn't know the pinky toe could hurt so badly. Then I had the fall. About 6 hours after that I ran into the bbq and knocked it over, including hot lava like charcoal. I was really careful today and made sure to pay attention while crossing Avenida Mexico. The joke in the house is when and where will I fall again.

No comments: