Sunday, March 11, 2007

Patzcuaro, about a 35 min drive from Morelia





Patzcuaro is a really nice town about 35-40 minutes of Morelia. Daniel had already been there with Sarita and Gwyn and he told me I would really like it. He was right. I really liked it. We stayed at the beautiful Meson San Antonio (fluffy pillows, comfortable bed, hot water...ahhhh).

Ok, back to Patzcuaro has cobblestone streets, red tiled roofs and almost every wall in the city is painted red and white. The plaza grande and chico always had music playing and plenty of people hanging out. On Sunday we walked through the market where they sell jewelry, linens, blankets, herbs, candies, and a lot of catholic crosses, Virgen de Guadalupe portraits and gifts. Many of the day of the dead items sold throughout Mexico are made here. I think many of the artisan items sold come from here. I bought a few beautiful serving platters and a big green bowl. I think Daniel regretted bringing me here as he was soon in charge of helping me carry everything. The final words before returning to Guad were "Don't break my bowls Daniel!" .




No comments: