Friday, March 30, 2007

Gearing up for Semana Santa...





My mom returns to LA this evening. Daniel and I are going to take her to the airport a bit early since there are a lot of travelers leaving Guadalajara for other destinations. This is a very busy time for tourism. Daniel and I leave for Queretaro tomorrow and we plan to leave very early (6ish) to avoid traffic. At least that is the plan for now.

My mom had a nice time *sort of*. Unfortunately she didn't feel too healthy for most of the trip so she didn't really have a chance to see much. Today a very friendly taxi driver named Felipe who seems to also be a homeopathic doctor took us all to Tlaquepaque (all being me, my mom and her friend Lola). As we passed shrubs, trees, anything slightly alive he told us what it was good for and how we could create our own medical concoctions. He even gave me the number to some "doctor." 30 minutes later were FINALLY made it to Tlaquepaque. My mom really liked it there but then her stomach was upset so we came home after an hour and a half. However, this didn't stop her from buying all this stuff that she wanted - vanilla extract, herman de trigo oil, and cinnamon sticks? The trigo oil is supposedly good for you skin. All I know is that the day before Daniel and I walked 30 blocks or so looking for this oil in Santa Tere.

Overall this trip has been hard on her. She is doing much better now but...now is too late. I wanted to take her to Chapala, Ajijic...etc. Oh well, next time! I'm just happy she came out to visit us. I know it was a sacrifice. Plus now we have organized drawers in the kitchen and ALL the plastic bags are folded into perfect triangles.

Anyway I'm packing up for tomorrow. We'll update our blog throughout the week with photos and general stuff. Daniel has a "papa bear" week free ahead of him. Who knows what he'll do with SO much freedom.

:>

Wait..I'm having a vision!

It's involves beer and tequila.

No comments: