Friday, June 8, 2007

Patzcuaro and Morelia....






We had a great time once again in Patzcuaro and Morelia. Patzcuaro is the perfect town. It has everything you need. Fresh air, great food, nice people, great shopping and lots of local artesian work. Plus just outside the town center is the lake and lots of natural beauty. We stayed at the Meson San Antonio and that place gets better each time we go. For budget prices, each room is decked out in every imaginable way. It's a beautiful hotel. On Sunday, Gwyn and Sarita returned to Guadalajara and Daniel, Karina and I went to Morelia.

Since we returned, Karina and I went to Tonola and I bought a few last minute gifts. Yesterday and today I've been packing and cleaning up our mess. We leave in 3 weeks and time is just flying by! Today I replaced the bathroom linoleum tile I ruined. Daniel has to help me replace the kitchen cabinet door that is falling off. My fault again. And I have to plaster pudy the nail holes from all the trinkets we've hung up since we arrived. The goal is to leave Sarita and Gwyn's house as if we were never here....(well except for the erotic banana picture in the living room).

Pic 1: Tzintzuntzan, outside of Patzcuaro where I ALMOST bought an Aztec calendar table but luckily came to my senses, or was just way too tired to deal with Teo the salesman. Don't ask. It was a long day and at the time I though the Aztec Calendar table would complete my collection of shit and trinkets. Gwyn didn't understand what the expression "shop til you drop" meant until June 2nd when he graciously lugged all my crap around. By the end of my power shopping day I thought i was going to vomit, well, I kind of did.

Pic 2: The cathedral in Morelia. It's beautiful. Lights up the whole city at night.
Pic 3: My healthy birthday celebration. See the carrots? See the olives? And the whole wheat sesame crackers? All part of the "get healthy thirty something" campaign.
Pic 4: Representing on the big day after eating lots of carrots at the Hotel San Antonio (healthy campaign people). Sarita and Gwyn gave me a bottle of Zin and colorful socks. Yea. I love crazy socks and how I love my zinfindel. Zin is hard to find in Guadalajara (most of Mexico I think) so this was a treat.
Pic 5: Just like this photo. Took it outside the lago de Patzcuaro at the market.

1 comment:

ripcurlwahine@gmail.com said...

U look good. I like your shawl. And, didn't any1 tell u: birthday MONTHS r CALORIE-FREE!!!