Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Less than 24 hours to go
















It hasn't hit me. I've been so concerned with making sure that I have enough material on my I POD (news, pod casts, American life, pop culture, wait wait ...don't tell me and of course the onion radio news (which frankly isn't so funny but it's short and entertaining) that I haven't yet finished clearing our bedroom. That is next, after my pharmacy run.

We plan on leaving at 4AM tomorrow and hopefully arriving to Culiacan which will be about 12- 14 hours depending on the weather. It's rainy season now, so we don't know how far we'll get so I have a couple of hotel stops lined up *just in case* we do get stuck in a storm. Next day, we hopefully we make it to the Nogales border. We have to turn in our Mexican car registration and tourist visas to officially confirm we are outta here. We'll make a pit stop to see my grand father in Arizona, then hopefully day 3 make it to San Diego to stay with Andy, Jen and Jorge Atkins their dog. Next morning, we will go to my mom's in LA and finally see Chili and Woody Garcia. My mom said they miss us . Yea right. I know they don't but that was nice of her to say. After 1 day in LA we will drive home. I think we still have the house key. Must find house key today If not we'll have to bug our neighbors, or *head's up* Amy, Lisa/James, or Jerrod.

Pic 1: all we have (well we have 2 more boxes and 2 suitcases). The bright colored hanging things are Christmas balls I bought outside of Patzcuaro. They are woven with some type of palm. Really beautiful. I'm already looking forward to having a tree this year.

Pic 2: Atticus in the morning after his biscuit and bathroom wee- wee.

Pic 3: Atticus knows something is up. He looks so sad, or perhaps I'm flattering myself and he is just not a morning dog!

2 comments:

Karina said...

Hola,
Les deseo un buen viaje, y que lleguen con bien!!! Abrazos

Anonymous said...

Missing you already :(