Wednesday, June 20, 2007

the countdown...

The weather has been gorgeous lately, perfect I'd say. It's not hot and it sprinkles a little each day. Daniel and I are finally sleeping under the sheets.

I've been packing up more of our stuff and determining which items stay and which go. Today I'm dropping off clothes at my mom's friend's house. Tomorrow I'm dropping off another batch of things plus visiting Consuelo, our first tapatio contact. We met her and her husband in San Diego last year and they told us to contact them if we ever needed anything while in Guadalajara. Daniel and I have been over their house a couple of times for lunch. She and her husband are soon celebrating their 50 year anniversary. Wow and How? She said with a lot of patience and through god's help so she needs to go to church that day to give thanks for it all: a great husband and a great family. She said she doesn't need the party, although it sounds like it is going to be a good one. She said that she just wants to give her thanks for this life...

Meg and Matt fly in from Oakland this Thursday so we will definitely be in Tlaquepaque again, as well as Tequila. After they leave we have our little good bye outing with a few friends, then complete the final pack up and drive north. Wow. So fast, too fast.

No comments: