Monday, June 18, 2007

La Cruz de Huanacaxtle





The great thing about having the car with us is that we were able to travel around the area and visit nearby beach towns. La Cruz is a very cute pesquero town. There isn't much going on except for the beach, lots of seafood and a great view of Puerto Vallarta in the distance. We spent an evening here (schnitzel), had a beer and checked out the beach of La Cruz - la manzanilla. Then we headed north and checked out Destiladeras, Punta de Mita, and Sayulita.

We never made it to PV. Oh well. Don't get me wrong, I really like Puerto Vallarta but now that I've seen the beach towns around it, I don't think PV is where I'll be staying in the future. Nuevo Vallarta is such a mess of a resort town, it's horrible. It's one big hotel complex and unless you are really into the predictable and manicured, stay away. It looks like an exclusive prison to me more than a vacation place. I couldn't imagine paying a cent to stay there. If you do go to PV, go to old town (I think they call it the romantic zone) which is way cuter and charming.

Pic 1: View of PV from La Cruz
Pic 2: la manzanilla
Pic 3: More la manzanilla
Pic 4: beer beach sand in la manzanilla

1 comment:

Frankly Ronda said...

How far is it from Guadalajara to La Cruz? We are moving in June with our 2 boys to La Cruz.