Friday, June 8, 2007

Aztec Calendar Table


Here it is - the AZTEC table I was about to buy while in a birthday buying compulsion frenzy. I'm going to blame it on my mama who no longer plays Las Mananitas for me the morning of my "getting older" day.

So, the deal is the table is made from 14 different woods and according to Teo a very very special purchase. I wanted the table so badly I even said it was special. Vomit. The table plus 6 chairs came to $5,000 pesos which according to the currency converter is about $498 dollars. But then I was going to have to pay a shipper to take the table and chairs to Tijuana for another $200 dollars, then find a way to pick it up from there. Vomit. The table was really beautiful but I was so dizzy and couldn't hang. Too much shopping made me sick, literally. Some day, maybe I'll own an Aztec Calendar cheese board. That's the best i can hope for at this final hour....in Mexico.

P.S. Gwyn fixed it so that you can now leave comments on the blog. So tell me what do you think of the Aztec table?

2 comments:

GwynF said...

The AZTEC table is truly a thing of wonder and beauty deserving of awe and worship from all and sundry. One day, if Daniel REALLY loves you he will accompany you to the shop, pay in cash, wheel it to the coast, hollow it out and paddle it to Oakland Marina with his bare hands.

Mama de Chili said...

You're right. If Daniel really did LUV me he'd carry the fu*&ing Aztec table on his bare back all the way to Oakland. Must speak to husband. Now. Or bribe him with meat.