Friday, April 20, 2007

Regular Day in Guadalajara






Gwyn and I went to the Casa Museo Orozco and what we found is that the museum doesn't actually display any of Orozco's work. The building is where he lived and worked in the 40's. They were showing work by 3 artists. The first and my favorite artist is Benito Zamora. He had some very intereting work; I think some playful codice pieces - VACA was my favorite. Then there was Luis Valsoto's work and he had a piece called Adam and Eve, and Homenaje a Jalisco which was very cool. It showed sombrero's, dogs and men in the street using a 3 dimensional angle so it looked as if the sleepy characters were moving towards you.

I actually don't remember the 3rd artists work that well. It was kind of cheezy, 80's half naked girl and unicorn, horse, water themed work. Not my style.

Anyway it really was nice space with great lightening to showcase art. After about 25 minutes, they kicked us out of the museum so Gwyn and I had a beer by the arches and then took photos of Guad.

1 comment:

spitgirl said...

Wow, glad to see you're back!