Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Rocco. 15 pounds, 1 ounce
















Today Rocco had an appointment with our pediatrician, Dr. Bean. I was concerned that he is maybe too small and not eating enough. Dr. Bean assured me that he is fine and that his weight is above average. He's in the 60th percentile for weight and in the 70th percentile for height and head circumference.

He basically told me to chill out because Rocco is healthy and growing well and eating well. I kept on asking, are you sure? He's fine? His weight is OK? Dr. Bean is really cool and laid back. He told me not to force feed Rocco and just let him do his thing. I also told him that we aren't sleeping that much these days and he thinks Rocco is going through a growth spurt. He said they can last weeks. He said Rocco grew so much since the last appointment that it is no wonder he is waking me up to eat at all hours in the evening. He said that I shouldn't see a calm with night feeding until somewhere in the 6 to 9 month range. Ur. Little man is waking me up every 3 hours to eat. I guess it has improved - I shouldn't complain too much. He was waking me up every 2 hours. I'm exhausted. Daniel is two. Chili is three.

Anyway despite the sleep deprivation, I'm relieved and so very happy that so far so good.

I took these photos this afternoon after his appointment.

No comments: