Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Holidays











It's all a blur. We didn't do much for Christmas or New Year's. On Christmas we had a few friends over for a very late meal. We cooked together and ate sometime near midnight. Rocco received many cool gifts - thanks to all for sending him Christmas gifts and for thinking of him. He now has new books, clothes and hats! On New Year's we went to bed super early since Rocco's sleeping schedule has changed a lot. He now wakes up every 2 to 3 hours. I don't know what happened. He used to sleep longer and that has all changed in the last few weeks. It may have to do with my dietary changes. I can't eat/drink dairy, chocolate, coffee, or wine. If I eat or drink even a tiny bit, a little bit of blood comes out in his next poop. So I'm living the life a nun at the moment and have given up everything that tastes good. As much as I complain it really hasn't been that difficult. The hardest part of all this is the sleep. My schedule is WAY off. I'm going to sleep early (9-10PM) but I wake up so often throughout the night to feed R that very often I just don't get back to sleep. Last night I was up from 2AM until 6:30AM. Then Daniel took him at 8AM and I slept uninterrupted for 3 hours until 11AM. It's frustrating because I miss half the day and am up half the night.
On a happier note - Anja, Daniel's sister arrived on New Year's Day. She is cooking for us as I blog....and it's nice to be able to hand Rocco over to her and not worry :>. She went to Babies R Us today and purchased a warmer for R's stroller as it is getting colder and colder each day (for California standards). It's nice to have family around. We expect Anne in a few weeks, then my mom will be out. We are really happy to have family around.
Ok gotta go -hunger calls.

No comments: