Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mama and Rocco











The weather has been so amazing lately. If Anja was still here she'd be outside sunbathing every day (her location was tile A4 to C8). Since the weather has been so phenomenal I sit outside with Mr. Personality for about 10 minutes every day so he can get his regular dosage of Vitamin D. Then we head for a walk, somewhere - usually around the lake or to Piedmont Avenue. If we walk Piedmont Avenue then we have 2 definite stops. First I stop to say hi-ya to the little Vietnamese lady that runs a dry cleaning business. For years - I'd say 7 now - she's been asking me when I was going to have "baby." And when I'd tell her that we were taking our time, she'd tell me "no time, hurry, must have baby." So she is very happy that I'm no longer wasting my time. She now asks me when the 2nd baby is coming. I'm back to telling her that we are taking our time...and she has the same sort of responses. She now regularly gets to see Rocco and each time she tells me how big and healthy he is. I think motherhood has driven me towards narcissism. I love to hear how cute and healthy and big he is. After my vietnamese dry cleaning greet and meet, we head over to the jewelry store where two Italian sisters run the place. Annette has a grandchild in LA who is only 4 weeks older than Rocco and she misses him terribly. So I stop by and she gets to coo and ahh over Rocco and then she tells me all about her grandson and inevitably pulls out all the photos she has of him. I love to see what new jewelry she has in store. She has amazing taste. She has some great rings and earrings and that totally reasonably priced (well that is if you have disposable income). One day when the economy recovers (we all hope soon), and I have a job and our kitchen is paid off, I'll buy myself something.

Rocco is doing great. I feel that I have his diet totally figured out. He is eating a lot these days and is taking Chinese herbs to aid with his digestion issues. He was weighed yesterday and is now 15 pounds, 9 ounces.

So these are pictures I took of Rocco and I on Monday before our walk around the lake. There is also a picture of our never ending back wall. Daniel is almost finished painting it. He has been so busy at work. I hardly see him right now. He's sad that he doesn't see much of Rocco these days. He leaves for work before Rocco wakes up and comes home and Rocco is already in bed. I hope that with time, all of this gets easier. Actually, I take that back. Next week, Oma Anne arrives from Germany to finally meet Rocco. It will be great to have her here. I think Rocco is probably bored by me....the same stories, songs, la macarena dance, etc. He needs more entertainment tricks, more people, more love....and thank god it's arriving soon.

Ok, off to bed -it is almost 9PM.

No comments: