Friday, August 15, 2008

A little country - a little rock n roll




So Daniel is convinced that the baby does not share his germanic qualities. He says that if the baby were TRULY german he'd be on time because Germans are never late. So it's my Mexican blood pulsating through the baby creating the "hasta manana" scenario we are in. And if it's not because of that, then he says it's because we live in California and no one is ever on time, again, because they aren't german, because germans are always on time!

Poor German hubs - he's been very worried lately. Not worried so much as very anxious. He's losing his keys, can't find his phone, is missing meetings at work and has his head wrapped up around the baby.


So I'm sitting with my impatience and just letting it be. I have come to the conclusion (after many many days) that there is nothing I can do. Our midwives checked in yesterday and the baby is fine. He's in launch position and his heart is beating strong. They told me to enjoy my final days because it's all gonna change soon. So today I have another needle session, and then I'm meeting Amy for a mani-pedi session and maybe a walk. I got about 10 hours of sleep and had really crazy dreams. I keep dreaming I'm in Hawaii with Barak Obama. We don't even talk but he's always there whether in the kitchen or mowing the lawn, or collecting seashells. I need to stop watching the news. Then again, it could be a hell of a lot worse. I could be dreaming of McCain and nuclear destruction.

No comments: