Thursday, August 14, 2008

Accupuncture - Induction


This morning my accupuncturist came to the house and used about 20 needs to start induction. We'll see how it goes. It didn't hurt, but it was uncomfortable at times. There were needles between by thumb and 2nd finger which she twisted until my skin bubbled up. When it bubbled up, it felt similar to an electrical shock which would shoot through which ever part of my body the needle touched. Very interesting - and definitely a new sensation for me.

There were, I think 6 needles around my sacrum which were also being twisted, one on the sole of my foot and about 10 scattered around my ankles and toes. She spent about 30 minutes twisting each needle until that bubble happened and I felt the shock.


She kicked Chili out of the bedroom so that he wouldn't accidently lay down on me and dig a needle even deeper. So of course he was screaming and freaking outside the door until Daniel came home.


So back to accupuncture - I have an appointment daily until this baby comes out. She is not worried that the baby is late but she doesn't want to wait to get things moving. I'm also drinking some tasty Chinese herbal tea. I have to soak the mixture of roots, mud, shells, herbs and what other stuff is in there for 2 hours before I boil it and drink it down. I started to have light contractions and back aches yesterday so maybe, just maybe this baby is really coming soon. We'll see. I'm keeping busy, meeting friends and going on with life because waiting is hard.

No comments: