Sunday, May 13, 2007

Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Viva Chihuahua!








This weekend we were in Chihuahua with Karina and Dominic (Daniel's brother). It was such a great weekend. We saw so much and really enjoyed our time with them. Chihuahua really blew us away. We saw so much and really have our hearts on returning to the state of Chihuahua in the very near future. It is the largest state in Mexico so we only saw a small fraction of what it has to offer. We went to the copper canyon, which makes the grand canyon look like its baby sister. Hard to imagine, I know! It was spectacular. We also went to a Mennonite village 1 hour south of Chihuahua city and that was oddly interesting. The people were very nice. I bought some post cards of inbred looking folks. If I have time, I'll scan the photo to share the bizarro photo. Then we went to Creel to check into our cabanas which is a mountain town only 44 km away. Karina arranged the entire trip and it was perfect. Dominic and Karina's friends Salvador and Marissa came along and we had so much fun urban camping with them. From Creel, we went to mushroom valley where all the rock formations literally looked like mushrooms or frogs. From there we went to the lake with beer, chips and dry meat (carne seca). So perfect on so many levels!

Back in Creel, we started an asada and ate MORE meat then started a fire and began telling ghost stories. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much that evening. The next day we headed to the copper canyon and we were just wowed by the beauty and grand scale of the canyon. It is a must see!

We returned to Chihuahua and this morning headed to the Pancho Villa museum which is quite interesting. We stayed about 2 hours there. There was just so much information and memorabilia. It was really impressive and one of the most enjoyable museum visits I've had in a long time!

We brought back cheese, carne seca and fresh tortillas (from Marissa). I think I'm set for food for at least a few days. I have all my favorite foods with me - life is complete!

2 comments:

Mara said...

Love your blog and the photos are great.

Karina said...

Makes me smile to see this pictures, we had great great great!!!!! time, thanks for visit us!! Everybody is welcome to Chihuahua! ajua!!!!