Monday, May 21, 2007

5 weeks and counting...




Only 5 weeks until we begin our drive north to pick up our cats and our house keys! I can't believe it. Before we left for Oakland a couple of weeks ago, we were both getting homesick but now that we spent time with friends..etc, I'm not ready to leave Guadalajara. I'd like a few more months here....


These days, every day is a reminder that we are headed home. Today I spoke with my mom and she asked me if we've begun packing. What? No. No, not yet. She told me she'd be packed by now...



I'm in my last class at CEPE which happens to be Mexico en el comercio internacional. So, I'm busy learning a lot of business words and how Mexico plays its part in global domination, I mean - globalization. It's all interesting and all so very depressing at the same time. Of course, the United States and its relationship with Mexico is almost a daily topic of conversation. Again, interesting and oh so very depressing. This class takes place at 8AM. The only way I'm able to get to class on time is by popping an elephant tranquilizer the night before to ensure I get to sleep at a reasonable hour, then wake to loads of caffeine so that in class I can say words like mexico en el entorno internacional. It doesn't always work, but for now this is the Garcia-8AM recipe.




The next few weeks will be very busy. I'll be finishing up my final course at CEPE; Amy, Setor and Angeles fly in from Oakland this Thursday and Friday we are off to Chacala (secluded beach area) and Santa Maria del Oro (a lagoon rich in minerals where supposedly there is no bottom, no floor, no end to how far deep the water will go. Supposedly the discovery channel produced a show on this lagoon a few years ago and they also couldn't find the bottom floor. So we'll go there and find out for ourselves. After a few beers, some chicharonnes and a game of truth or dare, I think we'll figure the mystery to the bottomless lagoon pit.




The following week, Sarita and I are celebrating our birthday's. Yea for us. Another year! We'll be heading back to Patzcuaro where inevitably little bowls and ceramic items will play their part in the festivities. Then we head to Morelia for a good bye, then back home. Guns-n-Roses is playing a show that weekend. Daniel and I will have to miss them play. But I think it's only Axl who will be swinging his fat, bad dread-do and Norwalk swap meet urban rapper wear on stage. Bucket head isn't playing with him. Welcome to the Jungle! I can hear that mess of a man, Axl Rose singin' it now.




The next week is June, my class will be complete and we plan to get 1 more beach trip in before Matt and Meg fly in. We drive off a couple days after they leave, around the 27th. It's all happening so fast. I know I'm going to miss this place. My mom is SO happy we are returning and taking Chili and Woody with us. While she says, and I think loves them, she wants her house to be gato free. Speaking of the cats, my mom paid for groomers to come over the house where both cats were given sponge baths, massages, teeth cleanings and their nail were clipped. If that doesn't make you say...what the &^%, at the end of the session, the woman placed little bows on the cats. So Chili, my poor baby is running around with a little red bow and Woody is running around with a green bow. I don't want to think about it anymore. The horror.




Pictures are just of guadalajara! The place I´ll miss the most, well the OXXO. It´s a daily thing.

No comments: