Thursday, August 13, 2009

Driving up north to Oregon, part 1











I've been meaning to post some photos of our great trip to Oregon. We had such a nice time, despite the look of Rocco's (see picture of unhappy baby). We left on a Wed., morning around 11AM and made it to Ashland around 5PM. Rocco was pretty well behaved until 4PM and I think he cried for that last hour. Other than that, the ride up was pretty easy. We listened to various podcasts - This American Life, Wait Wait don't tell me, BBC Global News and lots of NPR stuff. And we listened to Bob. Lots and lots of Bob Dylan. Daniel and I always have great conversation on road trips because we are forced to talk to each other. Seriously! At home, we are both so busy that we don't have time to just sit around and talk. It was very nice and I think that's why I like road trips so much.
Pic 1: Katy, her daughter Viola and Rocco. Katy and Paul live in Ashland and it was a perfect "stop over." They were so kind and gave us their bed and fed us. It was great to talk to them and catch up. Their daughter is this white haired blond beauty. She is what I imagine a Swiss alps baby looks like...well that, or a cherub. Katy, she needs a harp!
Pic 2: On the road
Pic 3: Beautiful drive - listening to Bob all the way up....
Pic 4: A not so happy, normally happy little boy

No comments: