Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dexter - home of the Garcia's, part 2
















There are Garcia's sprinkled all over the world just like sundae toppings. That's what we Garcia's do - bring joy and happiness to the world.....filling your belly with synthetic sweetness and keeping the gene pool going around and around and around!
Well maybe I'm having a moment here. I should stop....I digress. What I mean to write is that I have some pretty awesome family living in Dexter, OR. If you've ever watched Animal House APPARENTLY there is some diner scene that takes place in Dexter. My little cousin Daphne took me there. It's a mile or so away from my cousin Phillip's house.

We relaxed and slept and laughed and ate and laughed some more while we were at Phillip and Sherry's house. It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Daniel slept all day and all night. Well not all day and all night, but he took several naps and slept in which never happens. Tia Sherry would take him in the morning and in the afternoon and my lil' cousin Daphne played and read to him and chased him around and my cousin Phillip held him and gave him lots of love. He was given a new name in Dexter. We began to call him the Supreme Leader and I have to say that he was in heaven and accepted all forms of love and flattery without protest. He was in his element.

We want to go back to Dexter.....it was the most relaxing time we've had since we brought the Supreme Leader into the world.
Pic 1: Daniel napping in the zen back yard
Pic 2: Sherry walking the Supreme Leader
Pic 3: The yard, all 5 acres of it with a creek hidden behind the trees. Gorgeous.
Pic 4: An old playhouse built by my cousin for the kids when they were, er, um, well kids.
Pic 5: Phillip with Rocco

No comments: