Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday and counting...

Hello-

Next week I have 2 examinations and am terrified of failing. My grammar course has been going...going...gone! I hate the subjuntivo. I really do! I also have to produce a paper in the next 2 weeks. Holy hell, not sure how I'm going to pull it off.

Anyway school has been time consuming. I'm so tired all the time. As you may know, I am not a morning person yet I'm out the door and in class by 8AM everyday. It's a horrible ritual which I dread daily. I wake up, contemplate not going to school, talk myself into going to school, try to find pants that fit, think about eating, decide I'm to tired to eat, walk out the door and hold my breath as I cross Avenida Mexico. For you see, the pedestrian cross walk does not exist here. There are no green or red a-sexual electronic symbols at the other end of the street informing you whether you can walk across the street safely. I either follow some other person, run across the street solo hoping to outrun the car or patiently wait until all the cars have gone by before crossing Avenida Mexico. I don't like it. I hate crossing the street. I wish there was a bridge so that i could avoid it all. Cars don't stop and people drive fast. Once I get to school, I'm greeting by a board that asks for my shit. It is once again, the great American-Mexico diarrhea study. The sign today said that if we are experiencing 3 soft stools within 24 hours to contact them. I don't know what to think about this anymore.

Then I find my classroom and wait for the game to begin. It's all so exhausting.

On a happy note, yesterday was Gwyn's birthday. Sarita picked up a carrot cake and all these goodies to munch on in the evening for a few friends. Then we went to some bar/club. It was really cool inside. Sarita and I caught a taxi close to midnight since I have to wake up early for my morning ritual. Gwyn received 2 bottles a tequila and a german liquor. Daniel and I made Gwyn a "dia despues cubo" and filled it with water, beer, sal de uvas, gum, biscuits and other hangover snacks. Everyone needs a dia despues cubo once in awhile, especially the day after your birthday.

No comments: