Thursday, July 31, 2008

Food Coma and Moldings





My mom arrived yesterday and since then we have been cooking and eating a lot of food.

Today we made frijoles and pozole. Yumm. We went in search of ox-tail which we easily found. We had a harder time finding Nixtamal for the pozole. We had to use a large can of hominy instead. It came out super good. After our food fest I fell asleep on the couch. It feels good to have my mom here.

Kevin has been working away ignoring us as we roam around the kitchen. He put up the moldings and toe kicks. They look great! My wine refrigerator came in too. It holds 38 bottles - I can't wait to use it. Overall, our kitchen is now usable. We are using the stove daily and eating fresh meals. Thank god - Daniel and I were so tired of eating out.

No comments: