Thursday, February 15, 2007

Back in Guadalajara



This time I really do think my mom is doing better. I just spent 2 weeks in Norwalk doing a lot of cooking and running a lot of errands. They first hospitalized my mom at Norwalk Community Hospital and it was a dump. I was scared that she was there and my mom was so drugged up she had no idea where she was. Norwalk community hospital is where they take you to die, not recover! Her nurse call button didn't even work. I was changing the sheets of the woman next to her. It was really a horrible place. I called her doctor several times to get her out of there, and they did. She was transferred to Lakewood Memorial and I slept soundly that night knowing she would be taken care of. I saw Andy, my Tio Adrian, Phillis, my friend Debi, Kemo, Lisa, Nova and Brooklyn plus all of my mom's friends. I spent most of my time with my mom taking her to and from appointments. She has a busy schedule and I met many of her doctor's. Again, they think this episode was a lupus flare and they hope that her dosage of prestinone controls the lupus. When I left she was normal. She was driving, walking, yelling and was getting annoyed by me. So, it seems she is normal and healthy. I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

1 comment:

spitgirl said...

Hey, glad to hear that your mom's on the mend. :)