Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Burning up in Rincon de Guayabitos, Nayarit




Daniel and I had a very nice weekend in Rincon de Guayabitos. Rincon is located about 70 km north of Puerto Vallarta. It's not super touristy (for Americans that is). It mostly caters to Mexicans on vacation. The goal was to get to the beach - the nearest beach and Rincon de Guayabitas was it. It took us just over 3 hours to get there. We passed through the town of Tequila, then down the mountain on a windy road that led us through agave fields, sugar cane fields and volcanic rock. Once we arrived we took the first hotel available. It was a clean bungalow on the beach for $50 US / night. Not bad! It was pretty relaxing. We ate, read a lot (I finished Blink and began Time Traveler's Wife), walked around town and hung out in the sun. I spent a little too much time in the sun and was immobile for most of Sunday and yesterday. I've used almost an entire bottle of aloe to ease the pain and cool the redness. I used SPF 35 but apparently I didn't apply it evenly because I have red splotches on my legs, arms and feet. I look a little strange.

On our way back from Rincon we decided to stop in Tequila but I couldn't walk more than 2 blocks. Everything hurt, so Daniel drove us home. The middle picture is of Tequila. Hopefully we'll return there soon and spend an afternoon walking around the shops and going into the Tequila factories.

The weather in Guadalajara is beautiful and warm. Daniel has been putting in many hours for Papa Bear but he comes out occasionally to eat, drink water and take a nap :>

Hope all is well in your 'hood!

1 comment:

spitgirl said...

Wow, bummer about the sunburn! That bottle in the middle of the road is just a little... strange.... -elaine