Friday, May 8, 2009

Barrio Norwalk
























































So as most of you already know Rocco and I spent 5 weeks in Norwalk while my mom was very very VERY sick. Can I emphasize that she was very sick! Seriously, I told my brother half jokingly that I'm going to need therapy once all this is over....
LUCKILY, she is doing well and slowly recovering. And while she complains about being in cold cold Oakland, I think that she is mostly enjoying herself. She was very sad the first day and felt that I kidnapped her from her home. Ah well, she'll get over it once she is healthy and back in her space. For now, she needs to be here - plain and simple. But besides her regular complaints, she loves to spend time with her ONLY grandchild. I have to emphasize this just in case Andy is reading this. And she is getting out of the house and sitting in the yard which is good for her. She need fresh air and the warm sun on her skin, even if she thinks it's cold.

So to the pictures:
Pic 1: Rocco crying. I don't remember why he was crying - I think he wanted me to pick him up. I'm running on very little sleep these days so I hardly remember anything.
Pic 2: Rocco and I at Lisa and Kemo's house.
Pic 3: Rocco at the cemetery. My mom and I went to visit my dad. He rolled around on the grass and watched the trains go by while my mom and I cleaned the tombstone.
Pic 4: Visiting Sally and Martin Gaytan at their new home on the posh side of Downey. We had a very nice visit and I wish we could have stayed longer. Next time...
Pic 5: Baby Daddy and Rocco in the living room in Norwalk. It was 100 degrees that day and very uncomfortable.
Pic 6: Tio Marcos a.k.a Dark Chocolate. He started to call himself Dark Chocolate and Rocco White Chocolate. They spent a lot of time together and my uncle sang songs and played with him and took him to the market. My Tio has 7 grandchildren so he was a natural. I was very happy to have him around. He made me laugh all the time. According to my Tio, the best way to sum up the 5 weeks in Norwalk is "el pinche pretisone"
Pic 7: Tia Elvia cutting Rocco's hair. He ended up with a 90's Roman cesar cut.
Pic 8: Tio Marcos and Tio Cano with Rocco in the backyard
Pick 9: Rocco in front of one of the many mirrors. He loves LOOKING at himself. He takes after my brother.
Pic 10: Rocco with his cousin Esiah who is only 8 months older than him. Rocco just stared at him run around my mom's kitchen.

No comments: