Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Where did November go?











I can't believe tomorrow is already Thanksgiving. I'm bummed that we won't be with Andy, Jen and my mom but this year has been hectic for everyone. Instead we are staying local and going to James and Lisa's. They are going to be feeding 16 people, including a raw foodie who just happens to be bringing a baked ham. Go figure.
Daniel finally installed the lotus chandeliers that I purchased. I love them! They look really beautiful. We also moved Rocco out of disposable diapers and he is now using G-diapers which compost in 150 days or you can flush them down the toilet. They theoretically are supposed to breakdown in the toilet so that you can flush them but in our case, it clogged our toilet. We had to call Roto Rooter. From now on, we throw them in the trash and feel good knowing that we are doing our part for the environment. Did you know that it takes about 500 years for a regular diaper to decompose? Crazy but not surprising considering all the plastic that is used. I met this woman last week who already has her 8 week old baby peeing and pooping in a pot. She said she know when he is about to go, so she puts him over a pot so that he can eliminate. It's called elimination communication cues. Google it if you don't believe me - it really exists. It's actually very interesting but nothing I'm going to try...
So here are pics of Rocco in his new G-diapers and the lotus chandeliers.
Daniel and I are looking forward to a 4 day weekend to hang out. He has been working so much that I hardly see him, so it'll be super cool to just hang out with him and the baby. I'm thankful for a lot this year - that I had a healthy pregnancy, and ummm that I got through the birth and of course that I have Rocco and Daniel and family and friends and.....
there are so many things to be thankful for...








No comments: