Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My birthday


For my 36th birthday we had a few friends over for early bird pizza and beer. For those of you without children, that means you eat at 6ish and kick everyone out by 9ish so that you can sleep and function the next day.

I may have already mentioned this but Lena is pregnant. Lucas is going to have a little someone to boss around soon. Lena and David are keeping the sex a secret. The baby is due in late October so Lucas is going to be a big brother very soon. We are all very excited for them.

My birthday went by without too much fanfare. I'm too old to give a shit anymore. I got to sleep in (yea). I went to work (boo), came home and didn't have to cook (yea) or put Rocco to bed (yea). Plus I got to see friends (yea) which doesn't happen nearly as much as I'd like. So all in all, it was great and...a little bittersweet. I missed my mom and I thought to myself that is was a good thing that she gave up celebrating birthdays long ago. It actually made it easier knowing she wouldn't have said Happy Birthday anyway.

No comments: