Thursday, July 2, 2009

so many changes
















The last 3 weeks have been full of changes. Rocco's two front teeth came through, he began sleeping in his crib regularly (well except for naps and the morning hours), he started crawling, he finished his baby sign language class and began swimming classes at the Berkeley warm pool. It's been more busy than usual now that I have him involved in so many activities. I barely have time to shower or eat these days. Unfortunately when I do go to eat, it hasn't been very healthy. I am a slave to sugar. It's bad. I'm trying all the time to stop but I give in, then feel guilty, give in a little more than go to sleep. One day I'll break the habit. Until then I will complain and "talk" about it.

Ok, back to the real reason I write this blog: Rocco. He is changing before our eyes. It's been such a trip to see it all. One day he is sitting, then he is crawling, and now he is trying to stand up on his own. His crawl is getting faster and faster and he chases me around the house. We laugh a lot and I have so much fun with him. Now that he is moving around I'm constantly following him around. He's had a few minor accidents already. He banged his head against the wall, a chair, the door...etc. Luckily his little falls haven't required any medical care, usually a kiss takes care of the pain.
Today I had the mister in his lederhosen. They still don't fit entirely but he's close...
I think that by his birthday he SHOULD fit into them. I can't believe he's turning a year old in less than 2 months. I've lost my baby. He's knocking on toddlerville's door .

No comments: