Friday, July 6, 2007

coming to the end...i think

Now that we are no longer in Guadalajara, it just isn't as much fun to continue this blog. I might update it in a few weeks when we see Daniel's family, Jen, John, Vaishali, Kevin..etc. Mostly I think it's time to put the blog down.

On the home front I am busy reorganizing our stuff and on a constant mission to find my shoes. I literally only have 3 pairs at my disposal. Actually only 1 pair. Flip flops don't count right? I have about 30 sticky notes on my wall ranging from, "get bids for **excavation project" to "go to DMV. Pass test. Get license" and of course, my favorite, "find job fast."

We arrived on Monday and I'm still unpacking the boxes from the basement. I haven't even touched the boxes in the attic. I think there are 9 boxes there. I also began updating my education-technology resume. We'll see how the search works out. Daniel made a ton of progress at Papa Bear's and is ahead of schedule. He's quite happy and I for one am so happy for him. He's been working 7 days a week on this meta data dif merge process soooooo to celebrate his success, tonight we are going out with Jerrod, Lisa and James for German food. I can taste the bitburger now.....

Any who....thanks to my loyal 5 readers. Now that Mexico is behind us (SO SAD), I'm first off very very cold and second trying to sort through our 2006 life. 2006 includes getting our cars registered and getting our taxes done....

**excavation project - i have 3 contractor's lined up to provide me with bids on excavating the crawl space downstairs. This is a 15 x 35 room. The dirt needs to be removed, the posts needs to be reinforced and possibly bolted down. Then a whole lot of concrete needs to be poured to turn this crawl space into a projection room/tool/work room. If all goes well, we are going to have some movie nights and maybe some arc welding figure 8 competitions.

Again, thanks for reading my blog (5 readers). You know who you are!

4 comments:

JohnF said...

Proud to have been a reader- and look forward to further news by whatever means... especially when you're over here in Yurop.

Anonymous said...

Roll on back. Bark at motorbike. Doggy sneeze. Dinner dance. Drags arse around carpet. Mournful I´m-missing-you-both soulful stare.

GwynF said...

Good luck with the post it notes and meta data bitburgers. I think a projection room for the house is a fantastic idea. We´ll try to arrive just too late to catch the Pride and Prejudice / Herbie Fully Loaded double bill. Happy travels and stay in touch.

Love,
The Garibaldi Massive

PS Atticus is reader #6...

spitgirl said...

Hey, it's been great following along your adventures in Mexico! I hope you guys keep in touch... we should get together sometime for lunch. Feel free to Email... elaine at gotspit dot com.